The Voice Academy Malta and BIMM Institute
The Voice Academy Malta is a partner school and overseas educational consultant with The BIMM Group
About BIMM Institute As Europe’s largest and most prestigious music institute, we understand what it takes to build a meaningful career in the music industry. After all, we’ve been training the next generation of music professionals across a variety of music-related subjects for over 35 years.
Before BIMM Institute opens a college in a new city, there is one condition which must be fulfilled above all others: it must be located in a ‘music city’. A music city is one where music matters most. It is a city which has an undeniable musical history and an obvious musical future. It is vibrant and creative, with regular easy access to gigs, artists, producers, record labels, venues and recording studios. A city which has heralded countless exceptional acts and maybe even renowned global genres. And that is exactly where our eight college locations across Europe come in.
There’s no denying that London, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Manchester, Berlin, Hamburg and Dublin are all music cities. As a number of BIMM’s eight campuses offer the same degree courses, students can choose, if they wish, to have a two-city experience in the UK and Germany. (If a student chooses to study a one-year diploma first, they can progress onto a degree course at a campus of their choice).
Courses One Year Diploma (Foundation Level)
• Popular Music Performance (Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums)
• Music Production
• Music Business Single Honours Degrees
• BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production
• BA (Hons) Music and Sound Production
• BMus (Hons) Songwriting
• BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Keyboards)
• BA (Hons) Music Business
• BA (Hons) Event Management
• BA (Hons) Music Marketing, Media and Communication Joint Honours Degrees (All joint honours programmes are a 50:50 split)
• BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Music Business
• BA (Hons) Music Production & Music Business
• BA (Hons) Songwriting & Music Business
• BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Music Production
• BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Songwriting
• BA (Hons) Songwriting & Music Production
• BA (Hons) Music Business & Event Management
• BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Event Management bimm.ac.uk Masters
• MA Popular Music Practice
• MA Learning and Teaching in the Creative Industries Award-Winning Alumni BIMM graduates include James Bay, George Ezra (BRIT Award Winners), The Kooks, Ella Mai (Grammy and Billboard Music Awards winner), Luisa-Christie Walton-Stoev (Influencer Marketing Lead at Atlantic Records UK), Natasha Bent (Paradigm Talent Agency and Agent of the Year Winner 2018) and Benjamin James (Songwriter and Producer with Novel Production/Amberstone Records). From the latest survey of our students, 83% in employment are working in the music and creative industries six months after graduation. Masterclasses Due to our global reputation, (over 1,500 overseas students from across the world), we also attract artists from the top bands to lead Masterclasses (Jonas Blue, Stormzy, Mabel, Zane Lowe and many, many more).
There are usually around four Masterclasses per week as well as many other student events including music industry sessions and live gigs in the city of each campus. Academic Excellence BIMM Institute was granted Taught Degree Awarding Powers in the UK by an Order from the Privy Council in 2019, having demonstrated that it meets the criteria to become a recognised body for awarding degrees in the UK. As such, BIMM Institute has overall responsibility for the academic standards and the quality of the qualifications we offer – and we are able to award our own undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
Expert Lecturers The music industry is continually evolving, shaping and reflecting our society in all its wonderful diversity. To keep our teaching relevant, we only employ world-class lecturers who are currently working in the industry. Our lecturers live and breathe the world of music. bimm.ac.uk They are true experts within their field and often have long lists of impressive musical achievements. And, because they're active within the industry, they can deliver the most up-todate insights and real world tips straight to our students.